Lately, I've been making an extra effort to keep things in the fridge that I can throw together quickly and inexpensively.
Tonight we had "homemade" vegan pizza. You can have most of these ingredients for weeks, making it a meal you don't have to do too much planning for.
Ingredients:
Frozen organic wheat crust from whole foods
Daiya mozzarella vegan cheese
Organic low sodium sauce
Fresh basil
Garlic salt
Pepper
*wheat flour to keep the dough from sticking
1. Defrost frozen crust
2. Roll out with some organic wheat flour.
4. Top with vegan cheese, and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper
5. Bake for about 15 minutes (check directions on crust), and then put some fresh basil on it. Bake for. Few more minutes (I did about 5.)
I served it with a side salad from our CSA http://njorganicfarms.com/ (the basil was from there too).
Delish, easy, quick, and cheap! Plus... Although, it wasn't a "diet meal" it was definitely more healthy than just ordering a pizza! And it got a thumbs up from my most important audience...






No comments:
Post a Comment